Engystol® Injection Solution is a homeopathic drug indicated for the support of the immune system to reduce severity and duration of symptoms in viral infections, particularly in the early stages of colds and influenza-like illnesses.
Mechanism of Action (MOA)
The exact mechanism of action of Engystol® is still under investigation.
In vitro tests have demonstrated that Engystol® stimulates the phagocytic activity of human granulocytes by up to 33.5%.1
Further in vitro studies have demonstrated that Engystol® significantly increases the expression of interferon-γ producing T-lymphocytes. Therefore, it appears likely that there is an immunological stimulation caused by Engystol®, that is mediated by the activation of T-lymphocytes. Using Engystol®, therefore, enhanced the Th1 response, this being an antiviral pathway in the body.2
Other studies have indicated that Engystol® is associated with a stimulation of the immune system in terms of granulocyte function and improved humoral response.3, 4
1. Wagner H Et al. Influence of homeopathic drug preparations on the phagocytosis capability of granulocytes. Biol Ther 1993; XI (2):43-49.
2. Enbergs H. Effects of the homeopathic preparation Engystol® on interferon-γ production by human T-lymphocytes. Immunol Invest 2006; 35:19-27.
3. Denys A Et al. Efficacy of preoperative immunoprophylaxis in patients with neoplastic diseases (II). Int Rev Allergol Immunol 1999;5(1);46-50.
4. Siewierska K Et al. Efficacy of preoperative immunoprophylaxis in patients with neoplastic diseases (I). Int Rev Allergol Immunol 1999;5(1);39-45.
Dosage Forms and Package Sizes
- 1 ampule of 1.1 ml solution for injection in packs of 10 ampules
- NDC 50114-7015-1