Spascupreel® Injection Solution is a homeopathic drug indicated for the relief of spasms of the smooth musculature of the gastrointestinal and the urogenital tract as well as general muscle spasms.
Mechanism of Action (MOA)
The exact mechanism of action of Spascupreel® Injection Solution is not fully understood although it is thought that its individual constituents act on the brain-gut axis to relax muscle cramps and restore bowel function.
- Spascupreel® acts as powerful antispasmodic
- Smooth muscle contraction stimulated by ANS or when muscle is stretched
- ANS receptors include those for acetylcholine (cholinergic) and those for catecholamines (adrenergic)
- Muscarinic receptors can either increase or decrease effector cell activity
Spascupreel® Injection Solution (antispasmodic) may also be added to Traumeel® Injection Solution (anti-inflammatory and pain relieving) to treat unspecific back pain, but has also successfully been utilized to do tender/trigger point injections to reduce pain in Fibromyalgia patients.
Breaking the vicious cycle with Spascupreel®
Dosage Forms and Package Sizes
- 1 ampule of 1.1 ml solution for injection in packs of 10 ampules
- NDC 50114-7040-1